Silver RPG Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Silver RPG Forum

Hello, and welcome to The Silver RPG Forums!

2 posters

Favorite Book

Horselover1289
    Horselover1289
    Admin
    Admin

Favorite Book Empty Favorite Book

Post  Horselover1289 Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 am

You can tell a lot about someone by their favorite book... so get postin' Very Happy

My favorite book that I've read, at least in the last two years, was probably Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran. That was the book that got me interested in the Judeo Claudians and made me start to appreciate the Roman Civilization. Believe me, coming from someone who'd previously been a staunch fan of Ancient Egypt who thought the Romans were barbarians, this was major.
    5t4r5cr34m
    5t4r5cr34m
    Admin
    Admin

Favorite Book Empty Re: Favorite Book

Post  5t4r5cr34m Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:42 am

I like The KAne Cronicles and The Son of Neptune. Razz Don't worry, I'm not a shallow-minded idiot.
    Horselover1289
    Horselover1289
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Horselover1289 Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:45 am

5t4r5cr34m wrote:I like The KAne Cronicles and The Son of Neptune. Razz Don't worry, I'm not a shallow-minded idiot.

Awesome! Yeah, the Percy Jackson series is awesome and I was one of those fans who did an over exaggerated fist pump when I discovered that he was doing something on Ancient Egypt. I still haven't gotten that third book for the Kane Chronicles, though... I have heard that Rick Riordan's going to do Norse Mythology, though. Should be interesting.
    5t4r5cr34m
    5t4r5cr34m
    Admin
    Admin

Post  5t4r5cr34m Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:47 am

Horselover1289 wrote:
    5t4r5cr34m wrote:I like The KAne Cronicles and The Son of Neptune. Razz Don't worry, I'm not a shallow-minded idiot.

Awesome! Yeah, the Percy Jackson series is awesome and I was one of those fans who did an over exaggerated fist pump when I discovered that he was doing something on Ancient Egypt. I still haven't gotten that third book for the Kane Chronicles, though... I have heard that Rick Riordan's going to do Norse Mythology, though. Should be interesting.
    He is doing Norse Mythology.... it 2016. Shocked WHY??!?But I'l be fine with the Kane Cronicles farao and The Heros of Olympus sunny (couldn't find a good enough face... lol)
    Horselover1289
    Horselover1289
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Horselover1289 Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:51 am

5t4r5cr34m wrote:
    Horselover1289 wrote:

He is doing Norse Mythology.... it 2016. Shocked WHY??!?But I'l be fine with the Kane Cronicles farao and The Heros of Olympus sunny (couldn't find a good enough face... lol)

Aww, man... Crying or Very sad As long as it comes out eventually, though, life will be good. The Heroes of Olympus does look like it's a good series. I can't really tell if it's going to be as good as the original, but hey, one word: Romans! I did a fangirl squeal when I first read that they were bringing in the Romans. It only intensified when they introduced Lupa.
    5t4r5cr34m
    5t4r5cr34m
    Admin
    Admin

Post  5t4r5cr34m Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:01 am

Horselover1289 wrote:
    5t4r5cr34m wrote:
    Horselover1289 wrote:

Aww, man... Crying or Very sad As long as it comes out eventually, though, life will be good. The Heroes of Olympus does look like it's a good series. I can't really tell if it's going to be as good as the original, but hey, one word: Romans! I did a fangirl squeal when I first read that they were bringing in the Romans. It only intensified when they introduced Lupa.

Have you read The Heros of Olympus yet?
    Horselover1289
    Horselover1289
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Horselover1289 Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:15 am

The first book. I have the second, but I haven't had time to read it. I've been, um, digesting Twilight.
    5t4r5cr34m
    5t4r5cr34m
    Admin
    Admin

Post  5t4r5cr34m Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:17 am

Horselover1289 wrote:The first book. I have the second, but I haven't had time to read it. I've been, um, digesting Twilight.

How hard has it been? I don't even want to try...
    Horselover1289
    Horselover1289
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Horselover1289 Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:30 am

Never in my life have I seen a book of its quality. She whines. CONSTANTLY! "I have a car. Pity me!" Crying or Very sad "The entire school showed up because I nearly got hit by a truck! Pity me!" Crying or Very sad "Every boy I come into contact with loves me even though I'm not pretty. Pity me!" Crying or Very sad This is just in the first 182 pages. And she finally figured out he's a vampire. And that she's in love with him. After they've met all of >5 times. I don't think I'll be able to get through the others. This alone has been traumatizing. I'm mostly reading it to see what's popular in the market so that I can see how I can apply that to my own novel. At this rate, I'd rather remain obscure and self published.
    5t4r5cr34m
    5t4r5cr34m
    Admin
    Admin

Post  5t4r5cr34m Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 am

Horselover1289 wrote:Never in my life have I seen a book of it's quality. She whines. CONSTANTLY! "I have a car. Pity me!" Crying or Very sad "The entire school showed up because I nearly got hit by a truck! Pity me!" Crying or Very sad "Every boy I come into contact with loves me. Pity me!" Crying or Very sad This is just in the first 182 pages. And she finally figured out he's a vampire. And that she's in love with him. After they've met all of >5 times. I don't think I'll be able to get through the others. This alone has been traumatizing. I'm mostly reading it to see what's popular in the market so that I can see how I can apply that to my own novel. At this rate, I'd rather remain obscure and self published.
    I will NEVER read it. Not ever. No
    Horselover1289
    Horselover1289
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Horselover1289 Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:45 am

5t4r5cr34m wrote:
    Horselover1289 wrote:Never in my life have I seen a book of it's quality. She whines. CONSTANTLY! "I have a car. Pity me!" Crying or Very sad "The entire school showed up because I nearly got hit by a truck! Pity me!" Crying or Very sad "Every boy I come into contact with loves me. Pity me!" Crying or Very sad This is just in the first 182 pages. And she finally figured out he's a vampire. And that she's in love with him. After they've met all of >5 times. I don't think I'll be able to get through the others. This alone has been traumatizing. I'm mostly reading it to see what's popular in the market so that I can see how I can apply that to my own novel. At this rate, I'd rather remain obscure and self published.

I once said that as well. Beware, no matter how morbid your fascination is, DON'T DO IT!
    5t4r5cr34m
    5t4r5cr34m
    Admin
    Admin

Post  5t4r5cr34m Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:52 am

Horselover1289 wrote:
    5t4r5cr34m wrote:

I once said that as well. Beware, no matter how morbid your fascination is, DON'T DO IT!

I WON'T

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:35 pm